This past Sunday I had the pleasure to sit down with Susan Roberts, an actionCOACH for business consultation in Denver, to discuss the progress on my new book regarding TEAM building.
The following excerpt is from my original proposal for the book;
The business world is as competitive as ever. Each and every company strives to become successful, reshaping its industry to become known as an innovative and pioneering business. Businesses spend millions of dollars on research, concept and product development, marketing, advertising, and other resources to rise to the top and become an industry leader. But at the fundamental level, great companies know that people run businesses, and the makeup of a company is more important to the bottom line than anything else. A company can have a strong mission and unbelievable product, but if it does not have the team to support and execute the plan, it will fall short ten out of ten times. In fact, the people a business hires and the team it creates will be the greatest indicator of the level of success it will achieve.
Taking Your Team to the Top is about how to spot the talent, build a team and maximize its potential, all while dealing with the obstacles and challenges teams often face. Unlocking these powerful secrets can reshape and inject energy and inspiration into a business. Companies become innovators because of the teams that anchor their mission and goals. People are the pillars of success, supporting the structure of companies while ensuring they remain strong and consistent through the highs and the lows. This book will give leaders, employers, start-ups, Fortune 500’s, and anything and everything in between valuable and crucial tips and fundamental principles to open the gates of opportunity and unchain the inner ability and synergy that only a group of people working together to effectuate a common goal can accomplish.
I know how to build a winning team from the bottom up, because I did it for over fifteen years in the National Football League. The NFL is one of the most competitive and cutthroat businesses. What is hot news today is old news tomorrow, and each of the thirty-two teams has one goal: to achieve. While active duty in the Air Force, coaching Collegiate Football, and attaining one of the most coveted jobs in the world as the General Manager of The Denver Broncos, I studied and examined the inner workings of a team. In fact, I was tasked with creating a successful one time and time again. Through these experiences, I have the authority and know-how to teach others how to spot the greatest talent available, develop and implement a mission for a company, build a platform to execute difficult goals, and assemble a group of different people from diverse backgrounds in a meaningful and significant manner. Every leader in this world has the responsibility of building a team and maintaining a high level of success, and Taking Your Team to the Top gives these leaders the inside track to motivate a team to reach higher, grow faster, and accomplish further.
Taking Your Team to the Top offers readers unique and special features and benefits rarely seen in other books. Some of these practical and exciting benefits include:
- The first ever look at the valuable inside tips and tools from scouts and upper management in The National Football League that business owners can implement into their companies to help build the most successful and talented teams in the world.
- In depth interviews with some of the top executives and business owners in the world who have consistently assembled and nurtured accomplished teams.
- A compilation of resources and checklists from innovative and accomplished entrepreneurs, coaches, athletes, and professionals focusing on executing strategy and getting the most out of your team.
- Quotes, stories, and first hand experiences from pioneers and groundbreaking individuals to help readers maximize performance from team members and maintain a high level of success.
- Years of experience and lessons from my years as a General Manager in The National Football League helping to build multiple championship teams performing at a high level year in and year out.
- The introduction to readers of Eye-Scout technology, information based data collection and analyzing software that helps business owner reduce human error and optimize successful team building practices. The goal of this technology is not to tell the decision maker WHAT to do, rather it is to assist him in HOW to make the most practical and fact based decision. The one that is BEST for his team’s unique needs. Eye-Scout helps evaluate talent and skills across a broad spectrum of requirements, narrow down an equally qualified pool of candidates, and eventually make the best selection for his or her team.